top of page





Located in the North Pantanal, one of the regions with the greatest amount of wildlife on the planet. Aymara Lodge offers its guests an authentic experience of immersion in nature, without leaving comfort aside.



 Transpantaneira is a dirt state road (MT-060) that links the Mato Grosso region, from Poconé to the border with Mato Grosso do Sul, in Porto-Jofre.

It is the gateway to the Pantanal that, along its almost 150 km and 120 bridges, allows the visitor to start their experience with the observation of wildlife.

It is the tourist attraction with the greatest biodiversity in the world, where it is possible to sail by boat and ride a car, crossing fields that are full of water during the rainy season.

The Pantanal is the largest flooded plain in the world and one of the regions with the greatest wildlife abundance on the planet. It is a region of incomparable beauty and extraordinary wealth, with an immense diversity of fauna and flora. Wildlife viewing is frequent, and for nature lovers, there is no other place in Brazil that offers an equal opportunity for contact and connection.
The North Pantanal is one of the wildest regions of the entire plain, and thanks to the Transpantaneira highway, an unpaved 145 km long Parque Road and 120 bridges, it is possible to access the entire region, from Poconé, in Mato Grosso, to the region of Porto Jofre, on the banks of the Cuiabá River and on the border with the state of Mato Grosso do Sul. Traveling through Transpantaneira offers the visitor the opportunity to experience a true safari.
Here, at km 25 from Transpantaneira, is the Aymara Lodge, in the midst of a 238-hectare Private Nature Reserve that houses a large sample of the region's flora and fauna. The Lodge's location is strategic for those who want to get to know this wealth better and explore the region by car, safari vehicle, horseback, walking, or boat.

Pantanal Norte





By paved road to the municipality of Poconé, and from there by Transpantaneira Highway (MT060, unpaved) for 25 kilometers to the gate of Aymara Lodge. And 3 additional kilometers on a private road from the gate to the hotel.
Exact geolocation coordinates: -16.50159, -56,66468 ( )


O transfer do Aeroporto/ Aymara Lodge/ Aeroporto, tem ocupação máxima de até 4 passageiros, é realizado em veículo Amarok 4x4, com ar-condicionado e motorista. O transfer é privativo e requer pré-reserva. Valor sob consulta.

Amarok 4x4 transfer Aymara Lodge b.jpeg



Aeroporto mais próximo: Cuiabá 

Código do aeroporto: CGB

Principais companhias aéreas que voam até Cuiabá:

Azul, Gol, Latam.

Amarok 4x4 transfer Aymara Lodge.jpeg
Curosidades Pantanal


Such a rich biome also has several interesting facts, from geographical to those related to the fauna present in it. Let's take a look at some of them

  • 65% of the Brazilian Pantanal is in the state of Mato Grosso do Sul, and the remainder (35%) in Mato Grosso.

  • In Bolivia and Paraguay, the Pantanal is named Chaco.

  • The symbol bird of the Pantanal is the Tuiuiú.

  • During the flood season, up to 80% of the Pantanal plain is flooded. It is the biggest floodplain in the world.

  • The presence of the second largest snake in the world, the anaconda, which can measure up to nine meters (length), is quite common in the Pantanal.

  • Alligators are common in the Pantanal, but they only attack humans if they feel threatened.

Unesco considers the Pantanal a Natural Heritage Site and a World Biosphere Reserve.

  • November 12th is considered Pantanal Day, in memory of environmentalist Francisco Anselmo de Barros, an important icon for Pantanal environmental issues.

  • There are more fish in the Pantanal than in all European rivers put together.

By Attila Matthias

Geography teacher

Credit of Curiosities about the Pantanal to the website

Caiman alligator, a common animal in the Pantanal.

bottom of page